top of page

Device water damage

Many phones, most tablets and almost all laptops aren’t water resistant, so take action if they get wet. First, turn them off and don’t turn them back on until you’re certain everything is bone dry, or you risk short-circuiting the electronics.

Dry any visible water with a clean paper towel. If it’s a laptop, remove the battery and turn upside down so the water will drip out. If it’s a phone or tablet, submerge it completely in a bag of thoroughly dry uncooked rice and leave it somewhere warm for 2 days. The rice will effectively suck the moisture out. Don’t rush this process – while your device may look dry after a few hours, it may still be wet enough inside to cause damage, which makes turning it on a really bad idea.

water damaged phone


bottom of page